Are you planning a camping-themed party and looking for the perfect invitation? Well, I’ve got you covered! Today, I’m sharing a free hand lettered camping-themed invitation that you can download, fill out and print for free! Whether you’re hosting a birthday party, a family campout, or a summer gathering, this invitation will add a touch of outdoor adventure to your special occasion.
School is almost out for the year, and I am so ready for some camping! This year, I’m planning a fun end of school year party, and I thought a camping theme would be perfect since that is what our family loves to do in the summer. What’s better than a great group of friends, a campfire, s’mores and games? The best part is, you don’t need to actually GO camping to make this party happen. You could host it in your backyard (that’s my plan), or if you have access to a public space that would be great too, especially if you are planning a larger gathering.
Many cities have day use picnic sites that you can reserve, and many include a fire pit or barbecue and open green space where your guests can play games and run! Do a little bit of research and I’m confident you can find the perfect venue for your needs.
Camping-Themed Party Ideas
Once you’ve got that sorted, you need to invite your guests! I’ve created a free fillable template for camping party invitations! You can customize it for any event. For example, you can use it for a:
- Campfire invitation
- Baby shower (works for a girl or a boy!)
- Graduation celebration
- Bachelor party
- Bachelorette party
- Birthday party invitation
- Bridal shower
- Family reunion
- Bat mitzvah
- Canada Day celebration
- Independence Day (for my American friends)
- End of school year party
- Mother’s Day party
- Father’s Day party
I’ve hand lettered this card with simple artwork, so it’s perfect for either a girl or boy birthday invitation as well! Camping is such a great theme because it’s gender neutral, works for any occasion (as you can see from my list above!), and is fun for both adults and kids alike.
Downloading your free editable PDF camping invitation
- To get started, download the free editable PDF file. If you’re not already on my newsletter, you’ll need to join, but don’t worry, you can opt out anytime! I only send awesome hand lettered printables though, so you’ll never want to leave.
- Next, ensure you have a PDF reader installed (such as Adobe Acrobat Reader) so you can easily open and edit the invitation.
- Personalize the invitation. I have two versions for you, one that you can print and write on and one that has fillable fields. This is where you include important details like:
- Your party title
- When it is
- Where and how to RSVP
- Once you’re satisfied with your personalized camping themed invitation, it’s time to print it out! I made these so that there are two of them on a standard 8.5 x 11 page just to keep it easy. Use quality cardstock or thicker paper to give your invitation a professional look and feel, and so that it won’t get crumpled up quite as easily. Plain paper is just so fragile, it doesn’t really work for invitations.
You can hand them out in person, send them via mail, or even send digital versions!
Free Canva Template for a Camping Invitation
Do you Canva? I love using Canva for quick graphics and cards! It’s free to use (they have a premium version as well, but you don’t need it for this) and you can add the details for your party in Canva. Then, once you’re happy with your invitation, you can print it off!
As always, free printables are for personal use only (print for you and all your friends, but don’t sell them, offer them as a download or modify them).
I always think that hand lettering makes everything feel so much fancier and more fun, and it’s definitely true for these invitations! And because you don’t have to actually do the hand lettering yourself, these invitations will help you effortlessly set the stage for a fantastic camping party experience for your invited guests.
Simply download, customize, print, and distribute your personalized invitations to kick off your outdoor celebration. All you have left to do is bring in some more fun camping vibes! Some of my favourites:
- Hot dogs
- Salad in a bag
- Juice boxes
You can also add some on-theme party games like ladder ball or horse shoes, and you’re all set. These invitations will get your friends and family super excited about an unforgettable camping adventure!
One thing I love about creating fillable invitations like this is that anyone could use it for any kind of party! Did you throw a camping baby shower or birthday party? Tag me @colleenpastoor or put a pic in the comments of your camping party creation, I would love to see it!
More Camping Themed Free Printables
I’ve joined forces with some amazing printable designers to offer not just these free camping planners, but 18 other rad free printables with a camping theme! Follow the links below to their camping printables!
LIKE IT? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Don’t need these files today? Pin it for later! Plus, pinning or sharing to FB helps more people find my work which helps me continue to put out free content for you here at Hand Lettered Printables. Thank you!