If you’re looking for a simple but unique happy thanksgiving design to use in your crafting this fall, snag this hand lettered happy thanksgiving SVG file for free!
Sometimes it’s best to go back to basics, don’t you think? I decided to keep it simple with this Thanksgiving SVG file. Just a hand lettered ‘happy thanksgiving’ design with my fave brush lettered look and some leafy pumpkin details.
I love that it’s totally simple but elegant with the hand lettered script. I’ve kept it black and white on one layer for simplicity, but as always with SVG files, you can change it to a different color with vinyl or in your cutting machine software.
This is just one of many Thanksgiving SVG files being shared for free today. I’ve partnered with some amazing SVG designers to create free SVG files for Thanksgiving!
Whether you’re looking for funny Thanksgiving food SVGs or more traditional thankful SVG files- there’s some great ones. See them all at the bottom of this post.
How to use this free thanksgiving cut file:
You could honestly use this design for so many things. Here’s a few ideas:
- It would make a perfect Thanksgiving Card
- Or invitations cards for Thanksgiving dinner!
- A Happy Thanksgiving Wall Sign for your home decor
- How about some cute place mats cut out of chip board?
- A Thanksgiving shirt (do we make those? why not?)
- I’d love to see this design on a pumpkin! (here’s how!)
- Cut out a stencil and use it to dust a pie with cinnamon
- Or do the same on a latte!
- Create labels for your homemade goods or garden flowers to give to neighbours
- Make a wall pennant with felt (or add it to a wreath!)
This free Happy Thanksgiving SVG file was hand lettered by me and digitized in Adobe Illustrator so you can use it for your personal Thanksgiving decor projects. If you’re interested in learning hand lettering, I have a free starter guide here!
These are free for personal use only so make them for yourself, your sisters party or your workplace, but you can’t make money off of them 🙂
If you’re new to SVG files and wanting to make your own happy thanksgiving wood signs or other crafts with these files, you can see a great introduction to uploading your own files to Cricut Design Space here (it also talks about different file types like png files vs eps file or SVG!).
You can also see a tutorial to make a wood sign with heat transfer vinyl cut with your Cricut here.
* Are you new to Cricut? Or deciding which machine to buy? I wrote a whole post about the differences between the Cricut machines RIGHT HERE. And if you’re looking for more Cricut projects and tutorials, you can find them all here!
How to Download this Free Happy Thanksgiving SVG File
To download this hand lettered Happy Thanksgiving SVG file, all you need to do is enter your email below and have digital file sent to your inbox. When you click the confirm button on the email you receive, it will open the file directly.
Some browsers will start the instant download immediately, others you’ll need to right click and save. The SVG file is uploaded as a compressed folder (zip file). Double click the zipped/compressed folder to ‘unzip’ it and see your SVG file. Once it’s in your downloads folder, you can upload it to your Cricut Design Space, Silhouette Studio or whatever cutting machine software you are using.
If you’re already subscribed to my e-mail list (hey friend!), you won’t get double emails, I promise, go ahead and pop your email in there and follow the same steps 🙂
Like all free SVG files available on Hand Lettered Printables, this thanksgiving SVG file is free for personal use. Think making projects for yourself, your church, or as gifts.
Looking for commercial license SVG files? Hit me up! I’m happy to chat special uses for small businesses and physical products at craft fairs.
If you do download and use these… you know I would love to see them in action! Tag me @handletteredprintables or shoot me an email [email protected]!
Looking for More Free Thanksgiving SVG Files?
You’re in the right place! I’ve partnered with some awesome SVG bloggers to share Thanksgiving SVG cut files for free this month!
You can see all of the unique SVG designs below and click through to their blogs to get the downloadable files!
- Side Chick Thanksgiving Sides – That’s What Che Said
- First we Turkey, Then we Target – The Girl Creative
- Proud Member of the Kids Table – Life Sew Savory
- Turkey Face – Everyday Party Magazine
- Thick Thighs Pumpkin Pies – Liz on Call
- Only Here for the Pie – Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Happy Thanksgiving – Hand Lettered Printables (you’re here)
- Im not a Turkey, but I’m here to get stuffed – Like it 2 Try it
- Pumpkin Pie Pac Man – A Girl and a Glue Gun
- Thankful Pumpkin – Hello Creative Family
- It’s all Gravy – Lemon Thistle
LIKE IT? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Don’t have time for Thanksgiving crafting today? Looking for sign ideas for your fall decor? Pin it for later!
Plus, pinning or sharing to FB helps more people find my work which helps me continue to put out free content for you here at Hand Lettered Printables. Thank you!
More free SVG files:
Looking for even more free SVG designs for your crafting? Here’s some of the SVG files I’ve shared here on Hand Lettered Printables!